General Manager, Junee Correctional Centre
Want to be part of an exciting and rewarding environment where you can really make a difference to the lives of prisoners, their families, the community and your staff?
Do you want to lead and be part of shaping the future direction of Corrections?
Have you got senior management experience in the Corrections industry?
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW and VIC. Our goal is to deliver better corrections, and in doing so, create safer communities.
We deliver ‘better corrections’ in two ways: against our objective of being Australia’s best provider of correctional services, as well as our ability to make these services better over time through innovation and continual improvement.
We deliver ‘safer communities’ through our ability to successfully reintegrate the prisoners into the community, with corresponding reductions in their rate of re-offending. To reduce re-offending we apply the GEO Continuum of Care:
- We work not only in our correctional centres but continue our services out into the community to support our prisoners
- We work not only with our prisoners but also with those critical to their rehabilitation and reintegration such as families, social networks and other service providers
- We work not only during our prisoners’ sentences but also afterwards as they leave the correctional system and return fully to their communities.
For more information about our organisation, please visit our website www.geogroup.com.au
About the Opportunity
The GEO Group is currently looking for an exceptional leader to manage the Junee Correctional Centre in Junee, New South Wales. The vision of this established Centre is to transform lives and contribute to safe communities. We - do this by delivering integrated services that reduce reoffending and make the community safer.
As the General Manager of the Centre, through your leadership and guidance, you will be responsible for ensuring the GEO philosophy of Continuum of Care is delivered; the GEO values -are demonstrated by all employees at the Centre; that the Centre is safe and secure; that the men in our care have the opportunity to participate in education, programs and training to support their successful rehabilitation and reintegration back into the community and that the contractual requirements of the Centre are met. You will be supported in achieving these outcomes by an experienced senior management team, each specialists in their functional area.
About Junee Correctional Centre
Junee Correctional Centre is located in Junee, New South Wales, 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga. Junee has been continually managed by GEO on behalf of Corrective Services NSW since opening in 1993. It is Southern New South Wales' largest regional reception correctional centre, housing both male and female prisoners. Junee's primary role is too safely and securely house maximum, medium and minimum classified adult male prisoners whilst progressing their individual case plans by delivering a comprehensive range of education, vocational training, reintegration and offending behaviour programs. Together, these lower a prisoners' risk of re-offending and increase the likelihood of successful community reintegration.
The team at Junee achieves exceptionally high levels of prisoner engagement with its responsive interventions. This includes developing strategies that encourage and enable previously marginalised prisoner groups such as Indigenous Australians and the chronically ill to participate.
About the Rewards & Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal career opportunities
- Many other employee (and family) benefits
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will be an inspirational leader with the following experience:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a correctional environment and 5 years’ experience as a member of a senior leadership team.
- Degree qualified preferably in behavioural science, –criminology or management.
- Extensive experience in developing strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Sound contract, financial and human resource management experience.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to lead a diverse team of senior managers that will require guidance and ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities.
In order to assist GEO in processing your application for employment and determining your suitability and eligibility for a position with The GEO Group Australia, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process.
Due to the nature of our industry you will find that some of the questions contained in this questionnaire are unique and are different from those that you may have encountered in applying for other positions.
Please note: If you are successful in obtaining an interview for this position you will be required to complete a Statutory Declaration attesting your answers to this questionnaire.
At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a current Resume.
For any further information about the application process, please contact HR Officer, Louisa Harken on (02) 9295 0251.
To obtain further information about this role, download the position description HERE or contact the GEO Group Australia Director of Correctional Services, Dom Karauria on (02) 9295 0265.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Applications Close – Monday 21st December 2020 at Midnight
GEO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply