- An essential service employer, offering job security
- Enjoy a varied and challenging role
- Chance to join a fantastic team in HR!
About The GEO Group Australia
The GEO Group is the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. We aim to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with. As a Registered Training Provider (number 3570), GEO offers a wide variety of training programs which are nationally accredited.
For more information about our organisation and Junee Correctional Centre, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
To check out our videos, including the type of individual's we seek to join our business click here.
About Junee Correctional Centre
Junee Correctional Centre is located in Junee, New South Wales, 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga.
Junee has been continually managed by GEO on behalf of Corrective Services NSW since opening in 1993. It is New South Wales' largest regional correctional centre.
Junee's primary role is to safely and securely house up to 910 adult male prisoners and progress their sentence plans by delivering a comprehensive range of education, vocational training, reintegration and offending behaviour programs. Together, these lower a prisoners' risk of re-offending and increase the likelihood of successful community reintegration.
The team at Junee achieves exceptionally high levels of prisoner engagement with its responsive interventions. This includes developing strategies that encourage and enable previously-marginalised prisoner groups such as Indigenous Australians and the chronically ill to participate.
About the Opportunity
The Training Specialist at Junee Correctional Centre is responsible for the coordination, development, implementation, management and evaluation of staff training at the Centre, in accordance with GEO policy and procedures and contractual obligations.
Additionally, The GEO Group Australia is a Registered Training Organisation (number 3570) and the Training Specialist is responsible for the management of the RTO function ensuring compliance with RTO obligations and adminstration and support to trainees undertaking qualifications within the CSC19 training package.
A role that encourages innovation with technological systems to support an inclusive learning environment, this high volume fast-paced position provides opportunity to establish yourself as a key stakeholder for the development of employees within our business.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate experience and the ability to coordinate the Centre's training and assessment postfolio and will also have the following:
- A current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or willingness to immediately commence and obtain the qualification (within 12 months).
- A demonstrated understanding of and interest in the management and coordination of workplace training and assessment, in a diverse and challenging environment.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the conduct of training and/or assessment; or comparative skills.
- A high level of interpersonal, oral communication and written communication skills, as well as excellent organisation and administration skills.
- Computer literacy, knowledge of information systems and proficient use of computer software including; Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work unsupervised, yet work as part of a team in a multi-displinary environment.
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and Work Health and Safety leglislative requirements.
- Experience within, or demonstrated understanding of, Custodial Services Department policies, procedures and practices.
- Certificate III in Correctional Practice.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community.
You will benefit from a competitive salary and with ongoing support and professional development opportunities. You will have access to, subsidised meals, internal career opportunities and many other employee (and family) benefits.
In order to assist GEO in processing your application for employment and determining your suitability and eligibility for a position with The GEO Group Australia, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process.
Due to the nature of our industry you will find that some of the questions contained in this questionnaire are unique and are different from those that you may have encountered in applying for other positions.
Please note: If you are successful in obtaining an interview for this position you will be required to complete a Statutory Declaration attesting your answers to this questionnaire.
At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a current Resume.
For any further information about the application process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To obtain further information about this role, download the position description HERE or contact the Human Resources Manager, Kelly Eisenhauer on (02) 6930 5514.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Applications Close - Thursday 2nd April 2020 at 4pm
GEO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply