Rehabilitation and Reintegration Manager
Seeking a New Challenge?
Senior Leadership Team Role
Competitive Salary Package
About The GEO Group Australia
The GEO Group is the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW and VIC. We aim to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with. As a Registered Training Provider (number 3570), GEO offers a wide variety of training programs which are nationally accredited.
Our company is defined by us always acting with Integrity, showing everyone Respect without fail, being Accountable at all times, always being Agile and continuously looking for opportunities to be Innovative.
For more information about our organisation and Junee Correctional Centre, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
To view our videos, including the type of individuals we seek to join our business, click here.
About Junee Correctional Centre
Junee Correctional Centre is located in Junee, New South Wales, 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga.
Junee has been continually managed by GEO on behalf of Corrective Services NSW since opening in 1993. It is Southern New South Wales' largest regional correctional centre.
Junee's primary role is to safely and securely house up to 910 adult male prisoners and progress their sentence plans by delivering a comprehensive range of education, vocational training, reintegration and offending behaviour programs. Together, these lower a prisoners' risk of re-offending and increase the likelihood of successful community reintegration.
The team at Junee achieves exceptionally high levels of prisoner engagement with its responsive interventions. This includes developing strategies that encourage and enable previously marginalised prisoner groups such as Indigenous Australians and the chronically ill to participate.
About the Opportunity
The Rehabilitation and Reintegration Manager at Junee Correctional Centre is a member of Junee's Senior Leadership Team and responsible for ensuring the objectives of GEO's Continuum of Care model are met. This includes ensuring prisoners' individual risks and needs are understood, that individual case plans are developed, evidence-based interventions facilitated, and responsive pre- and post-release reintegration services provided. The Manager is responsible for program delivery, sentence management, psychological wellbeing services, reintegration services, recreation, cultural and faith-based services.
The Rehabilitation and Reintegration Manager works collaboratively and inclusively with other Senior Managers and community providers, to ensure all services provided pre- and post-release, are innovative, evidence-based and contribute meaningfully to a reduction in recidivism.
This is a role which requires a high degree of people skills and management, as well as a strong budgetary/financial background.
In particular your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead and manage a large team of staff in the delivery of rehabilitation and reintegration services across program delivery, psychological wellbeing services, education services, reintegration services, classification and placement management, recreation, cultural and faith-based services.
- Provide direct line leadership and management to the Program Coordinator, Senior Psychologist, Classification and Placement Manager, Reintegration Services Coordinator,
Activities Coordinator and Cultural Advisor.
- Provide clinical leadership, expert advice and consultation to other Junee Senior Managers, GEO Directors and other stakeholders on issues related to Continuum of Care, offender rehabilitation and reintegration.
- Drive a quality assurance framework supported by clinical strategy, policy, process improvements and annual business planning.
- Assist the General Manager in the promotion of community engagement and other strategies to increase the profile of GEO and encourage involvement within the local and broader
- Responsible for the rehabilitation and reintegration services portfolio that includes, but is not
- Sentence management and classification.
- Assessment and case planning.
- Psychological services.
- Delivery of inmate programs and services as contractually required by CSNSW.
- Management of GEO’s contract with the external vocational and educational training provider.
- Vocational and educational services to inmates.
- Inmate employment services.
- Inmate Pastoral care services.
- Inmate library and associated resources.
- Overall planning, development and delivery of the Centre’s Farm Management Plan
- Inmate reintegration services.
- Cultural and faith-based services.
- Inmate activities and recreational services.
- Ensure collaborative working relationships between the Rehabilitation and Reintegration, Health and Custodial Services divisions in the shared delivery of operational services.
- Ensure all Psychologists maintain current professional registration (AHPRA) and ensure that any provisionally registered psychologists are appropriately supervised to the required standards of the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Prepare Monthly Rehabilitation and Reintegration Department reports for Head Office and CSNSW including performance against contractual key performance indicators.
- Ensure effective, efficient and accurate data collection, management and reporting by all staff in order to deliver on contractual requirements and performance measures.
- Oversee and assure the supervision and professional development of all Rehabilitation and Reintegration staff and the continuous improvement of the programs and services they deliver.
- Manage the budget and expenditure for the Rehabilitation and Reintegration Services Division.
- Develop and maintain positive community relationships and university partnerships.
- Represent GEO at relevant professional conferences and forums.
- Comply with relevant Work Health and Safety legislation and policy accepting responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of subordinates, inmates, contractors and visitors under the employee’s supervision.
- Co-operate with the GEO’s efforts to establish, maintain and continuously improve the GEO Environmental Management System in accordance with the requirements ISO 14001:2004, and the integration of this system with related management systems to manage quality and workplace safety.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures and the Governance, Risk and Compliance Manual.
- Undertake reasonable alternate duties, as required by the General Manager.
The hours for this full-time role are Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Criminology or another related field. Psychologists will have full registration with the Allied Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and Social Workers will be members of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a correctional, community, or related setting in a management role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application of the Good Lives Model (GLM) and principles of Risk Need Responsivity (RNR) in reducing recidivism in offender populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the key factors impacting positive reintegration outcomes for people exiting custody.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills that ensure positive relationships are built and maintained with staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team, to role model positive values and behaviours, to create vision, set clear direction, and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Experience in contract management and the development and implementation of strategic plans, including budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines to achieve prescribed outcomes.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidised gym
- Internal career opportunities
- Many other employee (and family) benefits
In order to assist GEO in processing your application for employment and determining your suitability and eligibility for a position with The GEO Group Australia, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process.
Due to the nature of our industry you will find that some of the questions contained in this questionnaire are unique and are different from those that you may have encountered in applying for other positions.
Please note: If you are successful in obtaining an interview for this position you will be required to complete a Statutory Declaration attesting your answers to this questionnaire.
At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a current Resume.
For any further information about the application process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To obtain further information about this role, download the position description HERE or contact the General Manager, Scott Brideoake on (02) 6930 5502.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Applications Close - Sunday 1st November 2020 at Midnight (EXTENDED)
GEO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply