- Full-time and Casual Opportunities available!
- Great worklife balance.
- An essential services employer, offering job security.
About The GEO Group Australia
The GEO Group is the country's leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW and VIC. We aim to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with. As a Registered Training Provider (number 3570), GEO offers a wide variety of training programs which are nationally accredited.
Our company is defined by us always acting with Integrity, showing everyone Respect without fail, being Accountable at all times, always being Agile and continuously looking for opportunities to be Innovative.
For more information about our organisation and Junee Correctional Centre, visit our website at www.geogroup.com.au
To view our videos, including the type of individuals we seek to join our business, click here.
About Junee Correctional Centre
Junee Correctional Centre is located in Junee, New South Wales, 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga.
Junee has been continually managed by GEO on behalf of Corrective Services NSW since opening in 1993. It is Southern New South Wales' largest regional correctional centre.
Junee's primary role is to safely and securely house up to 910 adult male prisoners and progress their sentence plans by delivering a comprehensive range of education, vocational training, reintegration and offending behaviour programs. Together, these lower a prisoners' risk of re-offending and increase the likelihood of successful community reintegration.
The team at Junee achieves exceptionally high levels of prisoner engagement with its responsive interventions. This includes developing strategies that encourage and enable previously marginalised prisoner groups such as Indigenous Australians and the chronically ill to participate.
About the Opportunity
Cook Supervisors are responsible for supervising inmate kitchen workers and assisting with the preparation of adequate meals of the correct quality and quantity to inmates, staff and management of the Centre. The successful applicant will also maintain case notes for inmates employed in the Food Services area.
Full-time and Casual roles available. Both weekday and weekend work is available with 5 or 10 hour shifts, scheduled between 7am-5pm.
Cook Supervisors are employed under the Junee Correctional Centre Non-Custodial Employee Agreement 2016. For further information about the terms and conditions of employment, please refer to this Agreement listed on the Fair Work Commission website www.fwc.gov.au
This Agreement provides a competitive salary for Full-Time and Casual employees, with the hourly rate for casual employees being up to $34.35 per hour, plus superannuation.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge of bulk food preparation, cooking and presentation in a commercial environment and the ability to ensure that meals are of satisfactory quality in accordance with a published menu.
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in basic computer packages including Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
- Ability to satisfactorily combine security and inmate worker supervision duties associated with a kitchen in a Correctional environment.
- Experience or aptitude to adopt HACCP/ISO 22000 principles and quality assurance processes.
- Experience and knowledge in catering for different religions, cultures and nationalities.
- Ability to supervise and motivate inmates to maintain production levels.
- Ability to rapidly acquire and exhibit Workplace Health & Safety practices and Quality Assurance principles.
- Ability to complete selected modules of Pre Service course applicable to the role.
- Ability to obtain a satisfactory health check examination upon commencement of employment and willingness to undertake examinations on a regular basis.
Due to the nature of this business, you will need to have the ability to operate in a correctional setting and complying with the Centre's security procedures. You will also need to obtain and maintain a satisfactory security clearance as approved by the Commissioner of Corrective Services NSW. Such clearance is unlikely to be granted if you have been convicted of a criminal offence.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community.
You will receive ongoing support and professional development opportunities, free car parking, subsidised meals and internal career opportunities.
In order to assist GEO in processing your application for employment and determining your suitability and eligibility for a position with The GEO Group Australia, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire as part of the application process.
Due to the nature of our industry you will find that some of the questions contained in this questionnaire are unique and are different from those that you may have encountered in applying for other positions.
Please note: If you are successful in obtaining an interview for this position you will be required to complete a Statutory Declaration attesting your answers to this questionnaire.
At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a current Resume.
For any further information about the application process, please contact our HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To obtain further information about this role, download the position description HERE or contact the Finance and Administration Manager, Ryan Giltrap on (02) 6930 5523.
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Applications Close – Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 4pm
GEO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply