Enjoy a varied and challenging role in our newly established Vocational Services Dept!
Make a genuine difference to the lives of Inmates.
Competitive salary on offer.
About the Company:
Junee Correctional Centre is part of The GEO Group in Australia and is the leading provider of privately managed correctional services in NSW and Victoria. Junee is in regional New South Wales and is located 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga. For more information, please visit: www.geogroup.com.au
About the Role:
The Education Coordinator is responsible for leading, planning and managing the delivery of education and vocational training programs to inmates and oversees the day-to-day operations of the service, ensuring effective scheduling of assessments, education and training, specialist support and mentoring, and ongoing engagement of Adult Learning Facilitators and Training Facilitators in case planning and case-management activities.
The Education Coordinator is an integral part of the Vocational Services team and is also responsible for the development of skills and behaviours that will reduce inmate reoffending and contribute to their reintegration and employability on release.
This is a full-time Monday-Friday role, 8am-4pm.
To obtain further information about this role and to download the position description, please click HERE
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will have
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or its successor).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF), Core Skills for Work (CSFW), AQF, the VET Quality Framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development of responsive adult learning and/or training packages.
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of education and vocational training programs for individuals or groups.
- Experience in assessing the educational and vocational needs of inmates or disadvantaged groups.
- Experience leading a professional team, implementing change and delivering continuous improvement in a Correctional Centre or similar environment.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and life experience.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise a team of Adult Educators.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to positively meeting the employment, educational and vocational training needs of inmates and a genuine desire to contribute to a reduction in reoffending.
- A Bachelor of Education or other appropriate degree qualification.
Culture and Benefits:
We are always looking for people to join our company who share the values that we stand for: INTEGRITY RESPECT ACCOUNTABLE AGILE INNOVATIVE
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. You will benefit from:
- A safe working environment.
- Competitive salaries, subsidised meals, free parking and uniform provided.
- An opportunity to work in a progressive service delivery environment.
- Internal career opportunities and progression.
- Access to our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Many other employee (and family) benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire below, as part of the application process. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a one-page cover letter and current resume.
Please note; it is now mandatory for all employees to have had the Covid-19 vaccination, to work at the Junee Correctional Centre.
To obtain further information about the application and recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To find out more about this role and your suitability, please contact our Vocational Services Manager, Donna Moulds on (02) 6930 5398.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Closing Date for Applications - Monday 25th October 2021, at 4pm
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply