Registered Nurses (Full-Time/Casual)
We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our team!
Full-Time and Casual roles available.
Excellent remuneration packages of $93,134 - $130,803 p.a. + super on offer.
About the Company:
Junee Correctional Centre is part of The GEO Group in Australia and is the leading provider of privately managed correctional services in NSW and Victoria. Junee is in regional New South Wales and is located 40 kilometres north-east of Wagga Wagga. For more information, please visit: www.geogroup.com.au
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a number of passionate, driven nurses to join our team. Successful candidates will be part of a team responsible for delivering comprehensive, professional and quality nursing services within a Correctional setting, working 12-hour shifts across all days of the week, on a rotated basis.
Our work is fast paced and your role could include emergency care, coordinating and delivering nurse-led clinics, health promotion activities, liaising with interdisciplinary teams, coordinating care, conducting health care assessments, and dispersing prescription and non-prescription medications.
To obtain further information about this role and to download the position description, click HERE
Skills and Experience:
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Completed Nursing Degree and/or General or Psychiatric Registered nurse training.
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Minimum one years of professional postgraduate experience as a registered nurse.
- Competence in the performance of the following functions: Medical emergencies, Physical assessment, Crisis intervention, Medical & Psychiatric nursing care, Venipuncture.
- Ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and providing appropriate follow through treatment.
- Good communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and cultural awareness.
- Resilience - some patients could be confronting.
Culture and Benefits:
We are always looking for people to join our company who share the values that we stand for: INTEGRITY RESPECT ACCOUNTABLE AGILE INNOVATIVE
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. You will benefit from:
- A safe working environment.
- Competitive salaries, subsidised meals, free parking and uniform provided.
- Access to a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs, including access to study leave.
- Internal career opportunities and progression.
- Access to our free and confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Many other employee (and family) benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply, we ask that you complete a short questionnaire below, as part of the application process. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be required to attach a one-page cover letter and current resume.
Please note; it is now mandatory for all employees to have had the Covid-19 vaccination, to work at the Junee Correctional Centre.
To obtain further information about the application and recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sarah Bishop on (02) 6930 5583.
To find out more about this role and your suitability, please contact our Acting Health Services Manager, Helen Wilson on (02) 6930 5527.
Make a real difference - Apply Now!
Closing Date for Applications - Thursday 16th December 2021, at 4pm
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply